Perhaps there's a museum, a beach, a fishing pier or a park nearby. Spending the day fishing or having a picnic can really be relaxing and satisfying! In fact, thoughts of a picnic bring back memories of my childhood and picnics at New Orlean's City Park. Oh, and the days spent on a swing ... why don't we do that as adults? With all of today's technology, it's nice to slow down and enjoy the simple things in life, which are often free!
I've included a link to the nation's state and national parks here. Many of these parks have campgrounds too. Camping ... that's another thing we haven't done in way too long! Remember our trip to the local rest stop ... don't forget about the savings and ideas there!
So, if you're like us and don't have hotel reservations somewhere ... think about what's nearby that you can take advantage of. What are Ken and I doing this weekend? Well, we're just now catching up on everything from our Virgin Islands vacation (the punishment for taking time off when you're self-employed) so we haven't even thought about it yet. Maybe we'll get to take Nirvana to Mandeville like we did last Memorial Day weekend, and maybe we'll act like kids on play on some swings!
Hasta luego ... until then. Mid-Life Cruising!
*For those that missed the other posts of this series, check them out below:
- Frugal Fridays - The Rest Stop! Frugal Fridays - The Internet
- Frugal Fridays - Goodwill Frugal Fridays - The Day After
- Frugal Fridays - Happy Hour! Frugal Fridays - A Little Patience
- Frugal Fridays - An Almost Free Vacation! Frugal Fridays - Free Music!
- Frugal Fridays - The Class Room Frugal Fridays - Free Workout Videos!
- Frugal Fridays - Free Corona Frugal Fridays - Bring It!
- Frugal Fridays - Credit Cards! Frugal Fridays - Retirement Accounts
- Frugal Fridays - Portion Control Frugal Fridays - Tour Like A Local!
- Frugal Fridays - Free Cloud Storage Frugal Fridays - Free Books!