Saturday, March 27, 2010

Patiently Waiting

We were hoping to take our sailboat out the water this weekend (again), but we are still waiting.  The water has been really low, and we don't think we can get to the shipyard at this time.  We checked with them and they said some of the sailboats are aground.  So, we wait some more.  I guess we need to learn to get used to waiting and not being on a set time schedule.  After all, isn't that what cruising is all about?  Not rushing things and being patient.  We did order our sailboat primer from Defender, an online store that seems to have the best prices.  We also found a local store that sells Awlgrip, so we'll be purchasing that soon.  Hopefully within the week we'll actually be sailing our boat to the shipyard.  The weather's gotten warmer, and it's beautiful outside.

Our daughter's senior prom is tonight, so it's probably for the best that we're not pre-occupied with the boat this weekend.  She's grown up so fast!  We can't believe she's graduating and going to college this fall.  Time really does fly!  Hasta luego ... until then.  Mid-life Cruising!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...